- Balance Calibration Scope
- Balance Calibration Key Features
- Certificates & Reports
Balance Calibration Scope
Service and calibration all types of weighing equipment ranging from 0.000 000 1g micro balances through to bench and platform scales up to 1000kg onsite.
Our extensive technical knowledge base allows our engineers to expertly support balances from a wide range of manufacturers, including Sartorius®, Mettler Toledo®, Ohaus®, A&D®, Oxford, Kern®, Avery Weigh Tronix® & Precisa.
Balance Calibration Key Features
- Our comprehensive knowledge of such a diverse range of weighing equipment from different manufacturers guarantees that our customers can rely upon a high standard of service and expertise from one supplier.
- Our service engineers are based in well-chosen locations throughout the United Kingdom mainland (including Scotland). Through a central control point at our Oxford head office we respond to our contract customers needs promptly and within specified response times.
- We are authorised suppliers and service agents for many of the leading makes of weighing equipment. This means our engineers are skilled and manufacturer trained in the service, maintenance and repair of their respective equipment.
- Technical guidance on all aspects of weighing including: setting acceptance limits, weighing legislation (eg NAWI directive), weighing compliance eg USP41.
Certificates & Reports
Routine preventative maintenance and adjustments to your equipment ensure consistent and accurate results. Our technical department has access to a knowledge base that allows us to support an extensive range of equipment from all leading manufacturers.
How We Perform a Balance Calibration Service
Electrical Safety Inspection
- Damage to lead, plug / pins
- Visible / exposed wires and correct connection to plug
- Signs of overheating / trapped cables
- Physical inspection of equipment eg level, draftshield
- Keypad functionality check: tare, on /off, print function and output
- Display functionality check: display segments / equipment stability check
- Check for interference with the pan
- Remove pan and check for debris
- Clean pan and spill guard
- External surfaces and casings of the equipment
- Clean area underneath balance.
Balances and scales are not perfect measuring instruments. It is possible (for a number of different reasons) that they could stop weighing accurately. When this occurs an adjustment must be performed to correct the error. How these adjustments are performed varies considerably from manufacturer to manufacturer and even range to range. European Instruments Ltd has the technical knowledge and equipment required to perform the following adjustments as required:
- Internal calibration overwrite